Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

We have 42 LG Plasma TV that turns itself off and on after

We have 42" LG Plasma TV that turns itself off and on after watching it. Sometimes we only have to watch it for a few minutes, ither times it will go days without turning off. What could be the problem? Is it worth taking to a TV Repair shop?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today,

this is a common issue with LG,, the main board has coils//capacitors that are out of tolerance and should be changed,, I would think most shops should repair this for around 200.00 here is a bulletin from LGgraphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you tell me the general area that I need to be looking on the board?

The picture i sent gave you the exact location?? Not sure i understand you

And also have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Or Just know the problem ?

If so ordering the board is the best option for a novice,, tech dont change out these small parts,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The picture gave me the tech bulletin. It shows 3 surface mount parts. Unfortunately out of the thousands of parts on these circuit boards, without some sort of reference point its not very helpful. I suppose I could find a schematic at LG's website, just thought you might know right off the top of your head.

I have studied electronics in High School and taken a year at college level. I realize SMT is a pain, but mainly just wanted to verify we are speaking about the same mainboard before I replace it. The tech bulletin mentions the TV's affected were manufactured from April - June 2007, my television has a manufacture date of Nov 2006.

Also, when you mention mainboard, I am thinking you mean the board with the VGA, HDMI inputs. Are we on the same page there.

Also, this is the husband now, the wife was typing previously.

I see, yes we are on the same page its the main board that has all of your inputs attached,, And believe me,, you will not try and change these parts they are the size of crumbsSmile No one does it anymore,, can you send me the model number on the rear of the tv,, that way i can find you a board,, those coils are so small,, they give you the exact location and you still cant find them,,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

FWIW I see a Cirrus Logic IC labeled IC704, and see most of the 700 series of parts ( R734, C722, etc) there but cant for the life of me find that L743. No worries though, if you can get me a board I can swap the connection headers easily enough. Thank you.

LOL they are there small coils,, here is one i found click here to expensive going the google route contact these stores when you have time

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer, and you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

www.andrewselectronics.com

www.partstore.com

www.mcmelectronics.com

www.encompassparts.com

Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE