Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.

Hi, I have a phillips 42PFP5332D/37 chassis no EJ3.OU PA.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a phillips 42PFP5332D/37 chassis no: EJ3.OU PA. It was working perfectly well last night but when I switched it on from standby this morning, it did not respond. I unplugged it from the mains but then it gives two short clicks(like the one it does when going to standby when first powered up) followed by a 1/2 sec pause then another click and 1/2 sec pause followed by the same 2 pause one pause and click repeating. I unplugged all the other equipment but it does nothing but click. the light on the bottom RF ? board as well as the small board next to it flash briefly with the clicks and the two little relays on the power supply seems to be where the clicks originate. I checked the two fuses on the PS and they are ok. I unplugged the far right bottom corner multi-plug from the power supply board and the clicking is no longer there until I replace it. Is this a common problem with phillips (plasma) or do you have any advice. I do have basic electronic skills and can replace some of the components if need be.
Kind regards
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

Pull the back and look for bad capacitors on the power board

Anthony's TV :

they will look puffy and the top wont be flat

Anthony's TV :

Replace all you see

Customer :

I will try that and get back to you in a day or two

Anthony's TV :