Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

my tv has frozen on one channel and wont change

Customer Question

my tv has frozen on one channel and won't change, the remote will work on volume and standby but channel change doesn't respond
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jack :

Hi and thank you for using justanswer.

Jack :

To answer your question;
You may need to rescan/store your channels.

Jack :

This is the procedure to do it:

1. In your menu scroll down to channel(satellite dish icon) and open it with "enter".
2. Press enter again to select"country"
3. Use the up/down arrows to select the country and press "enter"
4. Scroll down to "auto store" and press enter

Jack :

The set will store the channels that are available on your cable system then you should be able to scroll/toggle between channels with the channels buttons.

Jack :

As you appear to be offline i will switch from chat mode to standard Q&A mode.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

We are now in standard Q&A mode.

I left you my answer in the chat window above.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by Jack on 8/30/2010 at 10:13 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already tried that and it didn't work , I receive digital channels through an aerial, not satellite or cable
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

O.k then it makes it a little different in procedure.

I will have a few more questions;

When you do the auto scan/store, can you see the tv set going through the scan ?

After you verified the antenna for a proper connection,

If it is an inside antenna:

Have you tried moving it to different positions before scanning again ?

Everytime you move the antenna the channels have to be rescanned.

Is this a new setup (the antenna) ?

Edited by Jack on 8/31/2010 at 2:45 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi

this is the same antenna and when we plug another TV in it works fine. Auto scan will only work on analogue channels and I can't get it to go back to Plug and Play (the command is greyed out) for digital to reset from scratch. Is there a code or anything I can use via the remote to get to factory settings/plug and play on digital channel.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

On your remote control there is a button called "tv/dtv" that switches from analog to digital,

Have you tried it before going into the pug`n play menu ?

Edited by Jack on 8/31/2010 at 7:33 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
O.k and did you press the D.MENU button and go to CHANNEL and AUTO STORE?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yep
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

O.k then it would make sense as i was thinking that your set is a 15" model and the 24 volts may not be needed or is built in the inverter board.

So your power supply is constant and not switched, the main board does its switching internally.

In that case i`m afraid the problem is more serious than a power supply board and unfortunately could have to do with the main board.

I took a look and at this point i could not find the main board.

The only thing that i could see is on ebay.UK that had used sets of your model and also the 1538 models for between 50 and 100 pounds used and new.

As the main board if it can be found could go for around 60 pounds i`m not sure if it is economically viable ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

So sorry i sent an answer to the wrong post.

Please disregard my last reply to you.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

I know it`s getting late in the UK so i will be brief.

I searched your owners manual and i cannot find anything that we missed or haven`t tried that would change the current situation.

As a matter of fact i believe there may be a problem with your set as it is not(usually) difficult to set the digital tuning on a tv set.

So the next best thing i can suggest is to call Samsung customer support at this number : 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864)
That is the number for the uk ,

They may be able to confirm that everything possible/normal has been done.

Be waiting for your reply.

Edited by Jack on 8/31/2010 at 8:55 PM EST