Joe, Electronic Tech
Experience:  Over 30 years in electronics, Board Repair, TV's, Gaming,

i have insignia 37 lcd tv and my screen went black but have

Customer Question

i have insignia 37" lcd tv and my screen went black but have good sound, what should i do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

When you remove the back of the set. You will fined a couple of caps on the power supply board that are bulged and they need to be replaced, or you can buy a new power supply at If you want to just purchase the caps, you can get them at

One other thing to check to see if you have the correct voltage going to the inverter.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have power to the TV and the on light is on and can change channels and have good sound. Wondering if it could be anything else you would as well?

Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
You need to check and see if the voltage is correct going to the inverter. It will be written on the board, if the voltage is correct, check for a surface mounted open fuse, it will have f written on the board, by the component, and it is usually by the connector. The inverter is what produces the high voltage to turn the back light on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we'll follow up tomorrow
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.
That's fine