Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

I have a Toshiba Regza 32 LCD TV. I get sound but no picture.

I have a Toshiba Regza 32" LCD TV.
I get sound but no picture. I can get picture after turning the TV on-off-on (results vary).
Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.

I cannot be exact without the model number, but from a Toshiba LCD training manual for the 32 inch series the inverter is identified below as the DC-DC converter:

The white wires on the left, from the power supply should be providing about 24vdc (most models). If the back of your set does not look like this - look for a board that has a few chips like the square ones with the round imprint on the picture - and that will be the inverter module. Your symptoms do indicate an inverter failure, but check to see if the 24vdc voltage is present.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I found the model #32HL67

I don't see anything like the picture on my set.

If the invert is the problem, is it worth replacing?

Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.

I only have technical specifications for that model. It has two inverter boards - a master and a slave. Normally, its the master that fails, your master board looks like this:

A refurbished/salvaged unit can be purchased for about $80. None of my suppliers show a new board available.

As I mentioned, double check to ensure that there is 24vdc provided to the board - this will be located close to the white connector on the right of the picture - you can use the + side of the capacitors as a measuring point.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is behind alot of other electronic boards. If I try and get to it, I am going to break something else. I may as well cut my losses.