Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Can I program my Sony TV remote to work the comcast cable box

Customer Question

Can I program my Sony TV remote to work the comcast cable box? I'd rather use the Sony remote than the comcast remote.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

Hello, No you will not be able to use the Sony remote with the Cable box, as they cable box does not provide it's code in order for it to work. What you would need is a Universal remote, which allows for button by button programming like this unit here:

This way you can program the functions that you want to use from the Sony remote, and not lose any functionality being stuck with the Cable box remote.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!