Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have an LG 42 inch plasma TV. (42PX5D - EB). The picture

Customer Question

I have an LG 42 inch plasma TV. (42PX5D - EB). The picture is great. The only problem is that I'm paying to get Virgin Cable HD TV on my supposedly HD ready tv set and there is no improvement in quality with respect to the standard picture. It is connected with an HDMI cable and I've tried changing all the various settings within the TV set but nothing gives me an improved picture quality. I've seen other HD televisions with clear differences making HD worthwhile. Am I missing something obvious or have I just not got a very good television set?

Thanks. Roland Ingram
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

this hd box,, have you just received it or has it played well then just went bad

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HD box is not new. Well over a year old. Initially only one HD channel available on cable so I didn't bother much about it, but lots of HD channels available now so it seems worth putting a little effort into finding out if I can get a picture that is better than the standard one ( which is really very good in itself ).

Are you sure you cycled threw all channels,, and the HD channels are bad
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've tried all the HD channels. They are not bad, just no better than any of the standard channels. I'm disappointed that I have an HD TV and am paying cable for an HD service and the picture is not an improvement.

I have seen HDTV on friends TV sets and they do get a much better picture on the HD channels. I'm just not sure if it's the TV, the settings or something else.

What input are you on,,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.