Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

NO PICTURE ON MY TDA-03211C. A LITTLE SMOKE OUT OF MIDDLE BACK

NO PICTURE ON MY TDA-03211C. A LITTLE SMOKE OUT OF MIDDLE BACK PANEL
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-When the set is on, do you see a slight glow to the screen?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i let the set sit for a month. just turned it back on and it worked for about 60 seconds. thats when i noticed the smoke. its about a year old. walmart special. polaroid says walmart is not a registered wholesaler. havent tried any divices. it has a built in disc player
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 90% of the time) is the power supply has failed, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $200.

I am sorry that I don't have a magic button or a quick fix for you on this one, but component replacement will be required.

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan