Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

How do I replace the dmd board in my samsung hl-p5063w dlp

How do I replace the dmd board in my samsung hl-p5063w dlp tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do have electronics experience. I have a meter and tools. I do want to try to repair myself. I have replaced the color wheel and the bulb in these before. I have one I am using for parts, so my goal is to identify the part and swap it from my parts tv to this one myself.

graphicok,, Do you have a manual,,, im sure this is a job that the manual will be needed,,

Edited by Rick williams on 8/22/2010 at 11:35 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the owners manual. I do not have a service manual. The owners manual does not even describe this problem in the trouble shooting section. I had to look this problem up on line. I feel confident that this is the problem though, because of my research.

I see,, look at the pictures i sent,, this is the DMD,, not your model,, but this gives you a idea of what the dmd is located,,

also manuals sites

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you know of anywhere i can receive step by step instructions on how to change this out.
Yes,,, down load the service manual friend,,