hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer

My Westinghouse tv has colored lines streaming down through

My Westinghouse tv has colored lines streaming down through the picture. Do you know what could have caused this?

Also my smaller flat screen has sound with now picture.!!!!!!!!! It is a Phillips serial number is XXXXX

Hello and welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your TV problem.

Sorry but we can only answer one question per session. You are welcome to post a second Q&A session and I would be happy to help you with that too if you ask for me.

Let me tackle the problem with your Westinghouse.

Do you get these lines with all sources like watching a DVC; Cable TV etc?

If you press the menu button do you see the lines?

Are the lines over the menu or behind it in the picture?

Is the sound ok?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes the lines are there with all sources. I pulled out some drawers from the stand. I thought that maybe I might have loosened some wire or something. The lines are splotchy pink then a long stalagtight sort of turquoise then pink and so like that coming from the top of the screen. Do you think it can be fixed or has something blown out?

Hello there,

You have a Westinghouse LCD TV.

If you have lines in the picture over everything then this is due to a problem with an internal board called a T-CON board.

If you have TV repair experience you can purchase the board from here

If you're not confident with doing this kind of work since it involves working around high voltages & currents waiting to bite you, then you would need to add on about $250 in labor for a TV technician to do the work for you.