Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Hello, I am repairing my Mitsubishi WD-60737 60 DLP HDTV,

Customer Question

Hello, I am repairing my Mitsubishi WD-60737 60" DLP HDTV, and I need to purchase a new Light Wheel. Can you help me find the part?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Hi!

The color wheel you are looking for is part number 938P137010 you can order this many places online, I recommend using www.encompassparts.com but you can choose any place you like. The part is around $200.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tim, I believe you are referring to the whole Light Engine assembly, and not specifically the light wheel itself. I am looking to replace the light wheel only. Do you have any information about that?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your reply :)
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

The part you are talking about is actually called the color wheel not the light wheel...it is the small wheel that spins and has several different colors on it, normally causes a loud noise when it fails like you are talking about. IF this is what you are talking about then no what I gave you is the correct information that is the right part number for the color wheel. The entire light engine assembly would be around $800 this I did not give you a part number for.

Let me know if you need any more clarification I will be more than happy to help.

Tim

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Also here is a link to a picture of the part I gave you a part number for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-WD-65C9-color-wheel-938P137010-NEW-/400141233972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Color wheel. My fault. I knew that.

Thank you very much for your help. This is exactly what I need. However, I need just one more answer.

This Color wheel did make the odd noise, and it did seem to be failing, however, my last few hand spins did not create the noise. I believe there was a particle or something inside, and it has fallen out. I'd like to add some lubricant to the Color wheel axil, put the tv together, and try it out before purchasing a $200 part. Could your recomend the proper type of lubricant for this?

Thanks again!
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

NO! lol sorry but do not put any lubricant in that wheel...if it seeps out and then gets flung into the engine you will ruin the entire light engine which is very costly. So please please whatever you do.... do not put lubricant in that wheel. I have seen people do it before and they destroyed so much unnecessarily.

If you have any more questions please let me know, I will be happy to help you with anything you need...other than putting lubricant in your wheel ;)

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tim, you are the man!

Thanks for your help with everything. I will NOT be adding any oil to the assembly. This is awesome. Thank you for your help!

Ryan
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Ok sounds good! Let me know if you need anything in the future!

Thanks,
Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Tim,

I'd like to pick your brain a second and see if there could be an answer to my tv problems.

I was able to remove the "vibration" issue with this tv's color wheel very sucessfully. Now the issue is this. When I try to power up the tv, I hear a "clicking" noise from the color wheel. I opened up the hatch to the light wheel's chamber area, and watched as the clicking sound was the color wheel turning in "steps"...each click the wheel turned slightly, as if it was kinda calibrating itself maybe. However, the lamp never powered on and the light engine never really fired up. The color wheel would try to calibrate, pause, calibrate, pause again, calebrate, and then the tv will display a red power light.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Ryan