Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Have a JVC BBE D-ILA 52Z575. Red and blue lights flashing when

Have a JVC BBE D-ILA 52Z575. Red and blue lights flashing when TV shut down. Now it won't come on and lights still flash.No manual. Any suggestions?

Thanks Yannick.
Georgetown, Ontario.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

There is a very good chance that we have a bad lamp here. Which is about the best case for you.

I think the first thing we should do here is take it out and inspect it. We might find that it is shattered and know without a doubt that it needs to be replaced.

If you do not know how to get it out let me know and I will help you get it out.

Also if you don't know about the lamps in these sets here is some information: These lamps are a "consumer replaceable item" meaning they are made for you to change. This is similar to changing a light bulb in a lamp but allot more expensive and a little more difficult. These lamps last on average anywhere from 1 to 3 years before they need to be changed. They also burn out based upon the number of hours the tv is on and the number of times the tv is turned on in its life. The more you watch the tv the faster the lamp will burn out, and the more you turn the tv on and off the faster it will burn out. There is really no way to prolong the life of a lamp other than not watch the tv, so most people don't worry about it to much and just expect for this to happen ever couple of years.

If you have the owner's manual, follow the instructions and remove the lamp, tell me what you see. If you don't have it let me know and I will get you the instructions to remove it.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have changed the lamp twice since we bought it (2005). I am 99% sure it's not the lamp. I have inspected it and it looks good, no cracks or burn out. (6 months old) Usually just the red light flashes when the lamp is done. In this case it is both red and blue lights flashing quickly. Somewhere on the internet we found that it said we need a new power inverter, if so I could not see a Power Inverter. Anyways! very disappointed in the T.V . Fantastic picture but too many expensive problems. If you have any suggestions on what to do now, I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX Thanks for getting back to me.

Thanking You,
Yannick
Georgetown, Ontario
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Can you take a picture of the lamp from a head on view and post it to me? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim