hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

Can I set the color of my 1996 zenith television back to the

Can I set the color setting of my 1996 zenith television back to the manufacture setting? If so, how?
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswers.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your TV problem.

There's a chance that the picture will not look better because your TV's parts have aged. However,saying that, look for a button called "Auto" on the TV which sets it back to factory default.

Also look in the TV's menu under "picture" for a factory "reset" setting.

You haven't said what your TV's model number is XXXXX if you give me that I can do some more research if you like.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model # XXXXX XXXXX

In the tv menu there isnt anything about picture other then the adjustments, there is also no button "auto" on the tv.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

With your TV there isn't a factory reset available but you can to try unplugging it for 24 hours to clear the memory. You may have to rescan the TV channels after doing this as a caveat.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will this reset the color? I only use this tv for my childrens wii, but the color is so messed up its hard to see?

Yes it will but this may not be the problem that you are experiencing.

A TV's color adjustments only increase the color or change the tint for you folks in the US but if what you're seeing is more than having too much color or the tint being wrong then I think something else is going on.

Usually all the factory reset does it set everything to half way along the adjustment ranges for Color, Tint, Contrast & Brightness. Moving from the mid point to a 1/4 left or right is all that should be needed to get the picture looking nice.

Are you able to take a photo and post into your reply so that I can see?

You do this by pressing the little green tree, two icons to the right of the yellow smiley face. Then you follow the prompts to where you have put the photo on your computer.

Classic CRT TV's normally have a 15 year life with average viewing so you could be seeing problems with the picture tube but it's hard to say without seeing it.

hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience: State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer