Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

why does my lcd tv start flashing like a strobe light after

Customer Question

why does my lcd tv start flashing like a strobe light after its been switched on for about 20 mins
Category: TV
Expert:  Gina King replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this messaged caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Hello
Welcome

Their may be a problem with the backlight or the invertor supplying the backlight with its energy I have seen this many times and it looks rather like them cartoons running too slow as you say strobing,this is the backlight flickering

Unfortunately (unless its bad earthing on the invertor) this is in my experience the backlight itself and isnt economic to repair however it would be good pratice to have the invertor replaced before condemning the backlight

Let me know if you need more info

Hope this helps

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can i repair the inverter myself or do i have to take it to shop

The problem with Matsui is that its a brand name used by Currys or Dixons or Comet,(cant remember which)and isnt a manufacturers name so the parts are not easily traceable, the sets usually made to order in China or Turkey sometimes by a company called Orion

If you get me all the information off the set that includes model and serial number and anything else on any label you can see I will try and trace the invertor, but bear in mind you could have a backlight problem, this isnt a repairable option the backlight being part of the actual display itself

Many Thanks

Anthony