hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

We have an RTD315W/R surround sound system. We cannot to get

Customer Question

We have an RTD315W/R surround sound system. We cannot to get the menu program to come up onto our flat screne TV. The only thing that comes up is optical which doesn't allow us to get any surround only two front speakers work. On the front of the surround sound it has a red 2c. We think that it is stuck on stereo. Back of the TV wire runs optical,fiber optical cable (red optical) and have hdmicable from TV to the back of RCA . Sum it up RCA DVD Home theater System is stuck on 2C again, cannot get menu to come up on TV. Our telephone number is XXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswers.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your TV problem.

Let me research this and get back to you shortly

Yes most definitely the 2c means PCM or stereo L&R only

Did anything lead up to this happening?

What is the make & model of your TV please

Edited by hongkongpom on 7/25/2010 at 6:56 AM EST

Hello and thankyou for waiting for my reply

Here is the manual for your surround sound system.

graphic

You can send the DVD picture from your unit to your TV using the HDMI output signal or component output signal for the best picture quality.

Your system is fantastic for listening to true 5.1 surround sound from a DVD, but from what I can tell from the manual it only has an Aux R & L input. This is two channel (Right & Left) stereo. I cannot see an optical input into your system. I apologise if that is incorrect but this is what the manual is telling me.

You are getting the 2c message because the signal going into the Aux terminals is two channel only. You can listen to the two channels of utilize a cool feature of you system and that is the "Pro Logic" option which takes a stereo 2c signal and sends it to all the speakers of your surround system.

You access that by pressing the "surround" button on your RCA remote.

If you can kindly tell me the make & model of your TV I can look into it further but that is the situation with your RCA system.

Here is an image below to help you

graphic

hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience: State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Reply to you asking for more informaton on my tv set. I have all ready sent you my visa credit card number. I had last night on or around midnight contacted your business. you asked for more information....TV MAKE SAMSUNG 5/500. THEATER SURROUND SOUND IS RCA DVD THEATERSYSTEM WITH #RTD315WR (CLASS B)....LINE ATTACHMENTS ARE (FROM BACK OF TV 2 LINES TO DVD THEATER SYESTEM). OTHER LINE IS A FINE CABLE THE TRANS MIT A RED LIGHT WHEN UNPLUGED FROM THEATHER SYSTEM...BOOKLET WROTE THAT I MUST USE THIS CABLE FOR SURROUND SOUND FOR SYSTEM (DVD THEATER SYSTEM)...SPEAKERS ARE CALIBRATED TO +10. BUT AGAIN ONLY RECEIVE SOUND FROM 2 FRONT SPEAKERS...RCA DVD THEATER SYSTEM SHOWS, ON FACE OF SYSTEM A RED SMALL "2CH"....WHEN I TURN ON RCA DVD THEATER SYSTEM THE FACE SHOWS THE WORD "OPTICAL"...UPON PUTTING THE REMOTE IN MY HAND, I PUSH THE SUBWOOFER BUTTON THE SCRENE OF THEATHER SYSTEM GOES BETWEEN THE POWERFUL AND THE OPTICAL SHOWING...WHEN I PUSH THE SOURROUND BUTTON THE SCRENE OF THE THEATER SYSTEM SHOWS, STEREO AND OPTICAL....UPON PUSHING THE LEVEL BUTTON, I FIND THAT IS WORKS GOOD IT SHOWS THE FL, WORKS (WHAT I BELIEVE) PROPER. THERE NEVER HAS BEEN ANY MESSAGES OF, ON THE TV SET, THAT SHOWS MENU SET UP. THE SET UP BUTTON, ON THEATER SYSEM REMOTE, SEEMS TO BE TOTALLY UNPRODUCTIVE....THE THEATER SYSTEM IS NOT CALIBRATED IT STAYS ON THE 2C FACING ON THIS THEATER SYSTEM.... SEEM TO HAVE TO RUN THE SYSTEM ON THE 36 VOLUME... TV IS MADE TO SUPPORT AND GIVE SURROUND SYSTEM VISUAL SOUND, I HOPE.

Thankyou

Yes the optical cable with the red light plugging into your surround sound carries the 5.1 surround sound. You should only have to press the "Optical button" on your remote to activate the sound. When you do this if you only get 2c on your surround system display then that either means the TV programme you are watching is not broadcasting in 5.1, there is possibly a setting on the TV is incorrect or there is a problem with your surround sound system. I mention this because you say in your opening question that it is "stuck on 2c again".

I looked through the manual for your surround sound system and the menu that should appear on your TV screen when you press the "setup" button on your surround sound remote does not give you any option for the optical in. The only control you need to press is the "optical" button on the remote. Please kindly see the image below.

graphic

When you say "FROM BACK OF TV 2 LINES TO DVD THEATER SYESTEM" are these a red & white or red and black line that go into your surround system Aux in ports? If yes then please unplug this from the back of the surround sound system. The only cables that should connect between your TV and surround sound are the HDMI cable to transport the DVD picture to your TV and the optical line to transport the surround sound to your surround sound system. You can use the Aux in terminals for another piece of equipment but you don't need to plug this to your TV.

To help you further, I want to look at your TV's manual but I have gone to the Samsung website to look for the manual but that number does not come up "5/500". Please give me the full model number from the sticker on the back of your TV. You can see the choices that I am presented with in the screen capture below.

I am here to help you but need more information

graphic

Edited by hongkongpom on 7/26/2010 at 1:37 AM EST