Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

My SHARP LC-C3234U Aquos TV is not working. The Power Light

Customer Question

My SHARP LC-C3234U Aquos TV is not working. The Power Light and OPC Light on the bottom right hand corner of the TV are flashing green. Nothing shows on the screen. I cannot turn the lights or power off unless I unplug the TV.

Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

When you remove the back of the set. You will fine a couple of caps on the power supply board that are bulged and they need to be replace, or you can buy a new power supply at www.partstore.com. If you want to just purchase the caps, you can get them at www.mcmelectronics.com

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Joe -- Could a child playing with the TV controls have caused this power supply problem?

Is it safe for a non-technician to make this repair?

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.

Could you please tell me how many times the opc and power light blink please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Power light blinks twice. OPC light blinks five times.

OK according to Sharps basic trouble shooting for aquos the problem is either LCD control board (tcon)or the LCD panel itself you can see this for yourself here

www.mediafire.com/infotechfile its under D44 troubleshooting

I'm not sure if the LCD control board is available for this model as its usually a integral part of the display.......assuming the code is right

I have on many occasions found the blink code to be wrong unfortunately only a sharp dealer can tell you otherwise

Please let me know if you need more information

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I give up!

Hello

Sharp are not easy I'm afraid at the best of times

The options you have are to buy boards on the fly starting with mainboard but if this turns out to be ok your left with a very expensive board as an ornament, you see just about anything in the set can make it trip, they tried to get the blinking lights to help but I find its inaccurate

Ring Sharp on 1-800-237 4277

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks -- I called Sharp too, and they said the blinking lights mean the TV has gone into "safe mode" and I need a technician to get it back to normal. I think a visiting grandchild must have tripped it -- just playing around with the remote.

I guess I'll have to invest in a new TV, since I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a "maybe" repair. What a shame!

I won't buy another Sharp. Any recommendations?

Hello

Stick with the major brands Sony/Hitachi/Samsung/Panansonic the secret is to get as much extended warrenty as you can, you need to look around at retailers selling sets with 5 years warrenty for free as part of the package because all this no product LCD/Plasma/LED/is very prone to failure within 2 years

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My thanks to you for your help.

Your Welcome

Thank You

Anthony