Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

A black line has appeared on my t.v.(50 inch plasma)It is a

A black line has appeared on my t.v.(50 inch plasma)It is a vertical line extending down from the centre of the top of the screen about 1 inch wide and extending about 2/3ds of the way down.It occassionaly disapears for a short while but is there almost all the time
Category: TV
Expert:  Gina King replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are answered within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will recieve an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 6 years ago.
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Does the line stay in the same place?
does it apear in the menu?
change the format and aspect line move?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi.The black line is always in the same place and doesnt change its shape or form.It does not appear on the menu.It does disappear for short periods from time to time but always comes back.regards.
This is a bad display panal
Unfortunatly not cost effective to repair
Time for a new TV
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Im not quite sure what you mean by a bad panel display and what causes it.

The plasma panal is made up of a bunch of IC's that process the picture information

Each IC's takes care of a certain area of the plasama display

these IC's are mounted on FILM ribbon cable and are not replaceable once they go bad

The Ic that processes the area of the pix youare ahaving issue with has failed

what causes it?

Excessive Heat over the years chiping away at he glue/solder that was used to mount the ic to the cable

it cant be repaired once this happens

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.