Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Samsung DLP Replaced lamp as we had no picture, still no

Samsung DLP
Replaced lamp as we had no picture, still no picture, but loud buzzing/humming noise coming from left hand rear side of tv. What's the answer to this one

Its the color wheel in all probability the bearings go on the motor and cause this dreadful noise

The color wheel will need to be replaced available here

Here is an article that will make you understand this problem better and with a fix

And here is a guy actually doing the job

A technician would charge $300-$400 depending on where you are

Let me know if you need more info

PS Please dont forget to press accept and leave positive feedback (if my answer has been of assistance) for me as this is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee for my time once again many thanks and good luck!

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi there..

Should we replace the two fans as well seeing as we will have the back off and parts out to replace the wheel? Then all possibilities of noise makers are taken care of?

No need

The fans wont make the picture not appear if they fail they cause overheating issues

Usually the color wheel makes this dreadful humming or screeching noise the lamp wont fire up (because of it) and you get 3 blinking lights in the front