Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

have olevia 242 s-11 and just replaced power supply board,

Customer Question

have olevia 242 s-11 and just replaced power supply board, blue light comes on now which means tv is on but now it is just a black screen with no power up
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-In a dark room do you see a slight glow to the screen when it is on?

-Do you have any electronic troubleshooting ability and test equipment?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no glow in a dark room.

i have cheap ac dc tester with black and red leads

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Where did you get the new power supply?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
direct from the manufacturer / fsp direct
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

What was the symptom before you replaced the power supply?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

about a week before the set crackled and popped and no sound,turned set off sound would come back on. then it just died with no blue light or anything when you shut the set off. i looked on internet and saw the power board was a popular problem and tracked down manuf of board and ordered one for $65. Now, new board and i am pretty sure i installed it correctly ( took pictures/ diagramed it / and it was just swapping out plugs and board no soldering) and blue light when you turn it off but no picture or reboot when you turn it on.

thanks for your help

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Sounds like the main board has most likely failed in the set. It would not be common for a power supply to cause an audio problem, this is why I feel you have a bad main. If you test the voltages coming out of the power supply this will ensure it is working but if you got it from the manufacture and the blue light is on, then most likely everything is working except for the main board.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did i need to replace the power board or did the main board cause all of my problems

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Hard to know without testing, if the old board is not putting out voltages and the new one is then most like it was bad as well. I am suspect to thinking that the main was the problem all along but they could have gone bad together, it is possible.

Tim