Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

i am trying to connect a sylvania vcr dvd player to my haier

Customer Question

i am trying to connect a sylvania vcr dvd player to my haier 31 inch flat screen model hl32p1. i also have cable tv. please help. thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Hello, You'd need to first connect an RF (Coaxial) cable to the Input of the DVD player, then another RF cable from the output of the player to the TV's RF input. Then, in addition, plug a set of Red, White and Yellow RCA cables from the player's AV outputs, to the Inputs labeled AV1 or Video 1 on the TV. This will allow the player to record from cable, and to be played on the TV as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

where do i connect the input of the dvd player to?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
The RF cable going to the Input of the player will go from either the cable converter box (if you use one), or straight to the cable wall plate. All of the connections you need are outlined in my post above.