Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My LG 42LG7000 is taking a long time to come on after being

Customer Question

My LG 42LG7000 is taking a long time to come on after being switched off or on Stanby. It can vary from 10 secs which is the standard time it should take to up to an hour for it to come on. Any help appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Is it struggling during this time to come on perhaps you can hear a clicking or sizzling? eventually firing up ok?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, the red standby light just flashes and eventually comes on.

I have to tell you I have just finished doing one of these sets and we had to replace the mainboard although originally it looked like a powerboard issue

So its either a powerboard issue (could be bad electrolytic capacitors) or a mainboard problem, if you like you could check the powerboard by physicaly looking for these bad capacitors ,the powerboard will have the powercord going to it

The capacitors look like the 2nd picture perhaps with swollen heads or leaking

Many thanks

Let me know if you need more info

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had a look and there doesn't look like any problems, however I am no expert in this field. I have referred this to a local repair man who is going to have a look,

It may not have been apparent to you on the issue of the capacitors, if its the mainboard this will need to be swopped out had the same issue myself however its either powerboard or mainboard I cant be any specific than this for your trouble i'm afraid