Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
Experience:  15 years of TV repair experience
41615543

I have a Samsung Dlp, Model hlp5663wx/xaa Tv that was working

I have a Samsung Dlp, Model hlp5663wx/xaa Tv that was working just fine, just replaced the bulb in like 6 months ago, been working. So anyway The other day im waching tv and i hear a faint poping noise, and then my picture gos weird, scrambled as heck dark and lines going though it, So since i myself changed and know how to check the bulb i check that, looks ok. I put it all back together and plug it back in to see if it will kick up and work again, nota, no picture and it has a fairly loud humming sound that it makes when i pluge it in, the power comes on on it but it does that humming sound and the light/signel on the frount flashes Lamp, like it did when the bulb went out. Any clue as to what might have happen, is it something big wrong?
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED THE COLOR WHEEL. IT GIVES THE SAME ERROR CODE AS THE LAMP AND CAUSES THE LOUD HUMMING SOUND.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-00674A.aspx
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So can you get that easly fix it yourself, meaning me, or is that a fairly but fix, if so how much?
IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE TAKING THE TV APART AND MECHANICALLY INCLINED YOU COULD TRY IT YOUR SELF. TO HAVE A REPAIR SHOP DO IT YOU ARE PROBABLY LOOKING AT #300-$400. OBVIOUSLY DOING IT YOURSELF THE PART IS AROUND $120. IT INVOLVES TAKING OUT THE LIGHT ENGINE. REMOVING THE COLOR WHEEL AND PUTTING THE NEW ONE ON. REINSTALLING THE LIGHT ENGINE.