euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
21107900

My flat screen TV appears to be frozen on the Philips start

My flat screen TV appears to be frozen on the "Philips" start up screen. Tried to unplug it but comes back to the same screen. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 6 years ago.

I will try to help you with this question.

Can you please provide the tv model#(from the label on the back cover)?

When was the tv purchased?-is it still covered by manufacturer warranty?

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It was purchased app. two months ago however I am unsure as to the status of a manufacturer's warranty. The model # XXXXX: 42PFL3704D/F7

It does not respond to anything other than disconnecting the power source itself.

Thanks.

Thank you for reply.

The problem with your tv seems o be the control system of the unit.

It is stuck(locked up) into the booting sequence.

This issue may be a software(operating system) or a hardware failure.

Since the tv set was purchased only 2 months ago,it is definitely still under manufacturer warranty.

That means ,Philips will repair this tv set at no charge to you whatsoever.

At this point,unfortunately,there is not too much you can do from outside the st to correct this issue,the tv will need to be serviced.

Before you request service on this unit,you can try to download the latest firmware(software) for this unit.

Just enter the model# XXXXX the link below and follow precisely the download and installation instruction:

http://www.support.philips.com/support/downloads.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=us

If you are not comfortable to install this firmware(in case there is one available for your model),you can go straight to the service page,where you can request service on this tv.

Philips will probably need to replace the so called 'scaler board'-this is the circuit board where the control system is located(microprocessor and eeprom)

http://www.support.philips.com/support/find_product.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=us

Just enter the model# XXXXX follow the directions.

Another option you have is to contact the place where you bought the tv from.Big retailers,like Best Buy, have their own service network(authorized Philips service network),and they can take care of your tv ,as long is under manufacturer warranty.

I hope this helps,please feel free to ask me any other related questions you may have,I will do my best to answer them.

Please,accept my answer only if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback.

Thank you and have a great day!