Joe
Joe, Electronic Tech
Experience:  Over 30 years in electronics, Board Repair, TV's, Gaming,
23937628

Toshiba 42HL196 - Red light flashing 3 times consistently (for

Toshiba 42HL196 - Red light flashing 3 times consistently (for days). Pressing power button and holding for 5 secs clicks once, no other response. Remote has not worked to turn on for over a year but will turn off after playing with it (before this happened). I have the back off and have checked the fuse = continuity. Have moved power cord to another circuit breaker, same problems. Which board is most likely causing the problem? I found a button board and AC input board at reasonable prices.
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

You will fine a couple of caps that are bulged and they need to be replace, or you can buy a new power supply at www.partstore.com. If you want to just purchase the caps, you can get them at www.mcmelectronics.com.