Emily Jayne
Emily Jayne, Technician
Experience:  HND in Technical Theatre (specialising in AV), 3 yrs AV experience working in theatre/live events

i need a universal remote that will work for a hct televis

i need a universal remote that will work for a hct television
Category: TV
Expert:  Emily Jayne replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

I can recommend the Logitech Harmony series of universal remotes. The Logitech Harmony while being rather pricey is very good in that it has a 'database' of products that can be updated over the internet, meaning that in comparison with many other remotes it has a far larger number of product codes. I have checked, and these remotes do have the code to control your HCT. If you are wanting to control any other devices, such as DTV, DVD etc, there is a very good chance that this remote will control them.

Hope this helps,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could you tell me which model and also possibly cheapest one will work for my model tv?
Make: HCT
Model: HLD-420HCB
I havn't been able to find other universal remotes that have the code listed. If you do not want to go with the Logitech option, you will need to try a remote that can 'learn' codes. These remotes are not particularly cheap either.

I can recommend the Sony RM-VL600. It is a good remote that can learn codes, and this retails at around $30.

If you do wish to go with a Logitech remote, I would go with the Harmony 300 ($49). This will only control up to 4 devices at any one time, but if that is all you need there is no point in going for a more expensive model.

Hope this helps,