Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

Where can I find a color wheel for my 50 Philips DLP Model

Customer Question

Where can I find a color wheel for my 50" Philips DLP? Model Number 50PL9126D/37. I have searched for hours online and all I seem to come up with is Samsung parts. The color wheel its self isn't in any sort of fancy housing so can I use a generic Samsung wheel?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to bring you bad news, but the color wheel on your model is only sold as part of the light engine, this is why you cannot find one....they never made spares. The only thing you can do if you have a bad color wheel is replace the entire light engine. Problem here is that the part is around $1300. The part number for your engine is 313912877911 I am sorry to bring you bad news.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I use a color wheel out of a different light engine, or are the color wheels specific to the light engine?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

The color wheels are specific you would have to get one out of the same light engine.