Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just connected a DVD player to my TV. Now my TV says no signal

I just connected a DVD player to my TV. Now my TV says no signal for anything other than DVDs. I think it's on video mode and I need it to be on TV mode, but I can't figure out how to do this. Also, I lost the TV remote...
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, pressing on the INPUT button should cycle through the available external sources and the TV mode.

Offhand, have you tried enabling the Auto Source in the OSD Function/Power sub-menu?

Should you be interested, a substitute remote control maybe inquired here. Alternately, pressing on the TV button on the remote would simply input selection back to TV mode.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 3:34 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I actually asked this question hours ago, and I figured it out in the meantime. And honestly, it was a much more involved process than what you described.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Glad that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Edited by Benimur on 6/16/2010 at 4:00 AM EST