Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I have a problem with my 52inch RCA HDTV Monitor Model #D52W23,

I have a problem with my 52inch RCA HDTV Monitor Model #D52W23, SN F308CN049. The Screen goes totally black and will stay that way for varying period of time. It will then come back on and be fine for varying periods of time. Sometimes it comes back on flickering and sometimes in comes back on for a short time and goes right back off. If you can diagnose this problem, I will try to fix it myself and if you can supply parts I will buy them from you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

First look at the Anode lead that goes from the fly back to the splitter,, make sure connections is tight,, let me know

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not know what an "anode leade" or "Flyback splitter" is but the only wires out of the back is the electrical connection cord and two three color (Red White and yellow) wires designated TV 1 and TV 2.

I checked all those for tightness and found one red one that was not pushed in all the way. I will not know if that helped until I have observed the TV for some time to see if it goes black again.

ok,, let me know