Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.

My Hitachi TV has a black screen and it says LOCKED in big

Customer Question

My Hitachi TV has a black screen and it says LOCKED in big letters and I can't get it to work or unlock it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 6 years ago.

If you press the MENU button on the TV, can you get the user menu to come on? If so, scroll down to LOCKS and press the right arrow key. When it asks for the code, put in 0-0-0-0. That should allow another set of items, and one should be labeled something like "Disengage Lock".

If you have your owners manual handy, this is on page 44.

Good luck, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I press menu button and there is no menu. Its not showing the menu. I can't do anything with the remote. I put new batteries and nothing. I called the Hitachi company and spoke with a rep and they coul'nt help me. Is the TV done?

OK, If you haven't tried it, unplug the power cord for the set for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and see if that fixes anything. It's a long shot, but you have to rule it out first.