Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

2007 Phillips LCD TV - Model # 42PFL7422D/37 When TV is

Customer Question

2007 Phillips LCD TV - Model # XXXXX

When TV is plugged in the blue light comes on and the TV shuts itself off. In a minute or two the blue light will come on and then immediately shuts off again... this cycle continues to repeat. Each time there is a clicking sound like a relay switching on and off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rick,
My husband is a genius and can fix anything :-) however we do not have a meter or TV electronic tools. We live on the Big Island of Hawaii and no local repair shops. I went through the phone book and found Sears and one other small repair shop that work on Philips. Both are on the other side of the island..150 miles away.
So indeed if we could fix it that would be great.

We leave for Portland, Or on Saturday so not much time to work on it. I think we'll just wait until we return. I went onto the Consumer Affairs web-site and found many complaints about Philips TV's. We are not the only ones with this problem.

Have you had any experience with the issue we are dealing with?
ok, im here when ever you need help just reply