Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My Panasonic Plasma keeps turning itself off, then the power

Customer Question

My Panasonic Plasma keeps turning itself off, then the power indicator light blinks. It happened once and I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it worked. This time it didn't turn itself off, but I turned it off last night and now it won't turn back on today. The indicator light is blinking; unplugged routine again but it won't turn on...any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

Count the LED blinking pattern before it pauses and repeats?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It blinks 2 times, pauses then does that over and over again.

I have no TV experience (other than watching).

What's a meter and what type of tools? The garage is full of tools, just not sure they're the ones I would need.

Well just trying to turn it on now; didn't really realize it would be a repair though.

2x is usually the D board,, its a 15vdc short

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer, and you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

www.andrewselectronics.com

www.partstore.com

www.mcmelectronics.com

www.encompassparts.com

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'd already discovered the "blinking lights of death" issue on several websites and read that it was a dead SOS D Board; I thought this site would help me fix the problem not direct me to part stores and/or the manufacturer; i already have a call into them but they're closed tonight. The image you sent is for a different model number; wouldn't it be different for each? I guess I thought I'd get help here on how to fix it...

I will tell you,, shops replace these board,, so not sure what you mean,, As far as component level repair,, parts are very hard to find,, and you probably dont have the tools to remove some of these Chips,, most shops dont,, So i guess my answer is the same as everyone else's,, So just so you understand,, in todays electronics,, boards are replaced,, just take a look at your boards and tell me how are you going to remove some of these parts,, Well being that you new not sure how the answer isn't the answer for you,, good luck friend,, just order the board...