TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Our Vizio screen has a dark shadow that appears to be behind

Customer Question

Our Vizio screen has a dark shadow that appears to be behind the screen. Any ideas why or how to fix? It doesnt stop the picture, it just looks like a transparent tornado over the picture in spots
Category: TV
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We see dark "wisps" on our screen. The wisps are vertical on the left and right of the screen. The wisps are annoying, but do not mess up the picture so we cant see it.
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello:

I will try to find someone to assist you.

Thank you for your continued patience. :)
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Gina asked if I could help with this question...

Please post the model number found on the back of the TV?

I know it's very difficult to describe the picture in words, so any additional information would be very helpful!

The shadows you see do not have a sharply defined edge, but instead is random, large spots?

If you display the TV menu and other inputs (DVD player?), do you see the spots in those displays, too?

Are the shadows only on the extreme left and right portions of the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I was charged, but never got an anser!!! You owe me $18.00
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Do you still need help with this? It's a pretty common problem with the Vizio line... just let me know.

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes we still have the problem. The model # XXXXX: vuzuigv42lfhdtv10a. the "shadows" do not have defined edges, they look somewhat like grey 'smears' or something over the picture. there is a larger one on the right and a smaller one on the left.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'll be glad to help. I have seen this issue many times. Give me a few minutes to look through my notes.

-Dan

Edited by Dan T. on 11/3/2010 at 3:15 PM EST
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks for your patience.

Does your screen look anything like this?

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
still no awnser and the tv has started flashing a darkness horizontally across the screen for a short time then it disappears. this happens two or three times a day....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes our screen looks like the one you posted...still no awns. yet..
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
So it looks like the picture I posted and it has intermittent horizontal lines? What do these lines look like?