Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Hi, My Olevia 537-B11 just quit working. The blue light

My Olevia 537-B11 just quit working. The blue light was on until I pressed the power
button, I heard a small 'pop' and then nothing.

I have checked the capacitors at a repair shop, and they test OK.

My tech says that it is the switching IC, but I have no number for it.

Symptoms: Power is available in the Primary circuit, but no power in the
secondary section

Thanks for any assistance

I checked with www.partstore .com for a new power supply, but they do not have

Wayne Moreton XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to get the switching IC, or the number, and /or a place to buy it.

A schematic for the 537b11 would be helpful, if available.

If more money is necessary, let me know what it is for

Thanks for your reply

Wayne Moreton

Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.
I will try to find someone to assist you.

Thank you for your continued patience. :)
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, I received word from my regular sources that Syntax-Brillian (which made the Olevia TVs) did not make available schematic diagrams even when the company was operational. At most, the Service Manuals provided have block diagrams only.

Offhand, proposed approaches (if have not been considered) to your concern if your power supply would be identical to the image below:
  • replace the power supply board, inquire here or here;
  • send in the power supply for refurbishing/repairs, inquire here or here.
graphic
Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/7/2010 at 1:39 AM EST
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks very much for your assistance

I will order a new one from the address provided

Wayne Moreton