Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I have a Vizio P50HDTV10A the display is flickering black and

I have a Vizio P50HDTV10A the display is flickering black and white but sound is fine no loud pop when display went , any thoughs thanks

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out. ::::I have had electronics experience

I do have a volt Ohm meter

Not neccessarly trying to repair myself ...just trying to see if its repariable......someone else said it might be the Y-SUS board.....however I do not have the service manual for this TV.

also was good to get another set of eyes on a problem....i just hate getting rid of this TV it does not look broken ....thanks for the help....standing by....Dean

I see,, well no menu is a problem,, being it is just black and white you must do voltage checks read below carefully.

(Please click on high lighted words) this is my sample may not be the same model but doesn't matter the technology is the same.

Would like for you to take your meter and place it on DC voltage the positive end on every connector that says a voltage and the negative wire to the panel this is the best ground. Turn on and see if the voltage is present at the VS, VA, V-scan, According to the Label. Also if a voltage is missing remove each board from the power supply to make sure they are not holding down the voltage If you don't find one that's trying to climb, or shows close to what it should be, another method is to locate a short circuit place meter on ohms or beep test follow same procedure no voltage should be shorted to ground. And this is the problem. You can unplug each board one at a time, Starting with the Y-SUS then the Z-SUS.

Friend this is a very common problem with plasma. Within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones

Normally the parts for this unit is a kit Y-SUSTAIN AND Z-SUSTAIN BOARD, this is what most manufacturers would want you to do, purchase them. But go to high lighted words and go through all the voltage checks to find the bad part, here is also a chart that should help a lot, also this is a picture that will help with identity.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks Simplified click here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where do i have to buy the parts from ? Do you know where I can get the service manual for my Vizio P50HDTV 10A ?

try all below friend.

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer, and you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

And also manuals sites

Any time you need help we are here