Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE

panosonic PT 56LCZ70 malfunction 9 does not turn on red lamp

panosonic PT 56LCZ70 malfunction 9 does not turn on red lamp light blinks 2x
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

How old is the set?

Has any work been performed?

Count the LED blinking pattern before it pauses and repeats?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not how can I help you.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tv is 2 yrs old was working fine heard a pop and tv went off the lamp indicator is blinking red 2x between pauses book that came with set calls it malfunction 9 remedy call technician.I have a meter know how to use it I'm not a tv repairman.Would like to repair myself.Does malfunction 9 indicate a specific failure?
Well normally a pop is simply the Lamp has blown,, Not sure about the diagnosis of your technician,, check the Lamp if it isn't blown let me know,, also look on the rear of the unit,, and check the model number if lamp isn't blown
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will check model again it is from original purchase reciept.The lamp is ok because it turns green when I try to turn the set on but it does not come on ,no sound or picture no change on the picture tube at all.When I turn off the tv the green light goes out and moments later the lamp indicator flashes red 2x every 60sec. or so.My operators book troubleshooting section indicates the problem as Malfunction 9 and the repair is to contact a Panosonic service tech.I have contacted Panosonic web site asking what that means the answer is to call local TV repair center. Any idea what I can check out? Thanks
ok,, just remember to have the model for me,, from the rear of the tv
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model from data tag on back of the tv PT56LCZ70
Im afraid you misunderstand me,, Have you open the door and pulled out the Lamp and checked if it was blown?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you lost me what lamp are we talking about and the door? I removed lower back panel where all the wire connections are. I do not see the lamp. Is the lamp located above this area? do I remove the entire back side of the tv?

This model friend,, should have a warranty from the manufacturer,, you cant changed this lamp,, These new tv has a minimum of 5yrs on this lamp,, contact,, Panasonic you should be covered

graphicgraphic

Edited by Rick williams on 5/28/2010 at 1:12 AM EST
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE