Joe, Electronic Tech
Experience:  Over 30 years in electronics, Board Repair, TV's, Gaming,

Hello. I have a Panasonic TU-PT700U DTV with 50 plasma screen.

Hello. I have a Panasonic TU-PT700U DTV with 50" plasma screen. It has worked great thus far, but I just came home to find that it would not turn on. The red light on the receiver blinks when I attempt to turn it on, even manually. I tried unplugging it from AC for a while. When I plugged it back in, the receiver light turned blue for about a second, then clicked and went back to red blinking. Any suggestions? Is there something like a fuse on the receiver, or is it in need of service?
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

If you remove the back you will fine a couple of caps that are bulged and they need to be replace, or you can buy a new power supply at If you want to just purchase the caps, you can get them at