euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,

How do you reset master lock on panasonic viera 42 tc-p42c

Customer Question

How do you reset master lock on panasonic viera 42 tc-p42c1?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 6 years ago.

I will be happy to assist you with this question.

What you need to do is,press the vol down on the tv set keypad,and when the volume reaches zero,keep this button pressed.

Now,while you keep the vol down on the set pressed,please press the menu button on the remote control,while aiming toward the IR receiver.

Keep both button pressed (the vol down on the set,and the menu button on the remote) for about 3 seconds.

At this point you will see the self diagnose screen.

Keep the buttons pressed until you see the results of the self check-a lot of parameters followed by the "OK" word.

At this time ,please release both buttons,and unplug the set from AC(no controls work on the set or remote).

Wait about 20 seconds,then plug the set back into the AC outlet.

At this point the tv will be unlocked.

The initial screen(the out of box condition) will pop up,and you will have to go through the initial setup,like when the tv was brand new.

Please make sure you will chose the "home" option and not the "store" one in this initial setup.

This would be all.

Please ,accept my answer if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback.

Thank you and have a great day!

Edited by euro-pro llc on 5/21/2010 at 4:21 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks a bunch. I actually called panasonic and the gave me the same answer