ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET
18874444

Suddenly my Toshiba HD TVs picture size is bigger than the

Customer Question

Suddenly my Toshiba HD TV's picture size is bigger than the screen. ESPN news for instance extends beyond the viewing area and the picture looks terrible. I have scrolled through the menu and cannot find anything. Ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 4 years ago.

Hello JA customer,

Thank you for your Just Answer question.

So that I may further assist you, I need some additional information.

Are you using a Cable or SAT box?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dish Network HDTV box.

Thanks.

Thank you for the additional information.

This should be limited to either the Box or TV picture size setting.

The TV remote has a "PIC SIZE" setting on the remote, 2nd button top left, and the Direct TV remote should have a "Ratio" button top left.

Please try these two buttons to change the size of the picture.

Thank you

.

We work on a commission as part of the deposit value, and welcome the opportunity to answer your question. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well as bonuses.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Problem is that I lost my remote in a move and the box is a DISH Network box not Direct TV. Have any other ideas?
Thanks for the correction, do you have any of the remotes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the Dish Network HDTV Box remote model number #155681

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX like to bring up the user manual for this remote, do you have the Dish Box model number handy?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
vip722k It is a DVR box.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey. I figured it out. The "format" button on the remote is the answer.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX only limited information, and low definition pictures. However, there may be an "ASPECT" button on the remote, or inside the right side door cover, or the menu of the Dish Box, that can be independently set for the DVR and SAT signal.

Try that feature if it is available, to see if that will get you by until you can get the TV remote.

Ok, I just got your post on the Format , button.

Thanks again.