Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a PT50LC14 TV and it wont turn on .When it went out

I have a PT50LC14 TV and it won't turn on .When it went out the small red overheat light is blinking and the large red off light is blinking,plus the cooling fan is running.Can you tell me what it might be?

Thanks,
I have tried to count the red and green blinks. the green are about 150. The red is up to 600 and still going.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Can you count the blinks?
Have you ever changed a lamp?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No,I tried it again this AM. The green light comes on for a few moments then the light turms to blinking red.No Sound no picture.
Ok what is the blinking red light count?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean? It is the off and on switch that when working properly changes to green and the TV comes on.The switch when normaly off is solid not blinking Red.There is also a small over heat light seperate from the off/on switch that came on when this problem started but is off when I last tried to start it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I counted the green blinks. They are about 150. I stopped counting red blinks at 600 and it has blinked at least 600 more times since then.
when you turn the tv on
the light will turn green
when the tv shuts down it turns to red
if it detects a problem it will FLASH an error code
the error code will be in red

BL_BL_BL_BL_-----------BL_BL_BL_BL___________

That is a 4 is the tv doing this?

When you turn it on the green lite will flash
and become solid when the lamp has told the tv that is fired and is on
If the lamp does not fire an error will be returned
there is also a LAMP indiactor that turns red when the hours on the lamp have exceeded expected life
So if the tv blinks green and flashes never goes solid
your lamp did not light
can you pull it out and we can have a look at it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The red light has been flashing probably close to 2000 times so far. I counted to 600 and gave up but it is still going. I cannot take anything apart from the tv. When my husband comes home I will have him reply to your last post. Thanks.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In case it's important, I started timing the red blinks at 1:56. It is now 2:10 and still blinking. It seems it will only stop if I unplug the tv.
what does the light say next to it that is blinking ?
is the power light or temp light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is the power light with the constant blinking. The temp light blinks every 5 or 6 seconds.
The temp light blinking once every 5 secs indicates a bad temp sensor
the power light blinking indicates fan stop
which would happen if the thermal sensor has opened
The thermal sensor could open from bad airflow too much dust
in the unit
Suggest you call for service
you have an open thermal protect
but there is an underlying reason for the problem
The thermal protect is inexpensive
Have you changed the lamp recently?
The cooling fan thinks the tv is overheating because the temp sensor is not returning accurate info back to the cpu
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.