TV Answerman
TV Answerman, Technician
Experience:  Licensed to work on all aircraft and shipboard electronic systems including radar displays
24991566

Remote for Insignia 42 TV doesnt work...ONLY powers on TV,

Remote for Insignia 42" TV doesn't work...ONLY powers on TV, Nothing else works.. Any ideas what might be causing it...also new batteries added
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Answerman replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Your remote probably dropped the programming. Do you have the remote manual and the codes necessary to reprogram it?

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I don't I'll have to look for it and get back to you. Is there somewhere else I can get this info? Can you provide the info to reprogram it? I have to leave but will return in 3 hours, then I will accept your reply. Thanks. Ken.
Hello again,

I located your television manual, however, I'm not certain which universal remote they provided with your set. Do you have a model number for the remote? It will most likely be listed in the battery compartment. If not, the manual you are seeking is the "Universal Remote Control User’s Manual" that came with your set.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The remote I have is HYDFSR-A205EG . I only have the TV's user guide. Where can I find the info I need to re program it. This is the remote that came with the TV. Thanks.

Here is a link to your manual. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

LINK

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've already tried that one. It has no Insignia TV listed on it. I need something that will resore the original codes for the TV. Thanks.
I see. I thought you were initially stating that the remote only controlled your television, but not your DVD player, receiver, cable box, etc. If it's the original remote, it doesn't need a code to work your television. The programming is built in. Most likely, the remote has failed. The other option is that your television is not functioning properly. I assume that you can change the channels and volume manually on the set?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can use the power button on the remote...that's ALL, no other function works. I need the code to re establish the factory settings for the TV function. Like I said, the only button that works is the POWER button.. any Ideas?
It should automatically work with your set. The operating system for the remote will operate your set. No program is needed unless you need to program other equipment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it should automatically work with my set...but i doesn't.. ONLY the POWER button works. Could it be that either the remote is broke or the sensor isn't recognizing the rest of the buttons?

My initial question to you is, do you know of a code that would restore the remote to the original commands and make all the buttons functional? It doesn't seem like there is a solution for this, other than to purchase another Insignia remote.

As to your initial question. No, there is no code to make it function. Either the remote is malfunctioning, or the television. My bet is that the remote isn't working properly. Just make sure that you have pressed any "mode" buttons on the top of the remote which might say TV and then try using the remote. If that doesn't work, I would try another remote. If you need assistance locating one, I'm sure I can find a replacement for you.

Rob
TV Answerman, Technician
Experience: Licensed to work on all aircraft and shipboard electronic systems including radar displays
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've look all over the net and eveyone lists one, but no one has any in stock...kinda sucks.....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, guess what... I finally decided that something was wrong with the remote...so I took it apart and lo and behold, after looking at every contact....I found that the sensor at the tim of the remote had a loose solder connection...... I soldered it back and BINGO...works like a charm. Amazing.. the problem was in the remote. Thanks for your input. Time is money and I'll still pay you the fee. Take care.