Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I have a RCA projection TV model #D52W25. The tv shuts off

I have a RCA projection TV model #D52W25. The tv shuts off by itself and wont turn back on. The power indicator light blinks three times when this happens and now the problem is occurring three or more times a day. do you know what causes this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, to keep from getting ripped off?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have limited tv electronics experiance

Dont have a meter

I am trying to repair myself

I thought this might be a common problem that would require replacing a specific part

well this is the problem.

this unit has a 2200uf capacitor and a 220uf capacitor on the 6v line that swells, these caps are blown, the location is cp150 for the 2200uf and the other is right next to it, if they are swollen replace and you will be fine. Also check this site for ribbon cables make sure they are in the connector securely, my trick is to pull them out, and with a dental pick push on the metal connectors, so when you insert again it is tight, if the connector looks bowed this is the problem secure by pulling and replacing. Also look with a magnifier I have found corroded connectors, only do this if the caps are ok.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks