Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

i have a samsung fpt5084 and the fuse on the power board bn44-00174a

Customer Question

i have a samsung fpt5084 and the fuse on the power board bn44-00174a keeps blowing. Fuses used to last a couple months, now only a couple weeks. I want to replace the board - is there a good chance the problem lies with the power supply and not one of the other peripheral pcb's attached?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 6 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, to keep from getting ripped off?