Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.

I have a 42 Polaroid TLX-04244B TV. When I turn it on I can

I have a 42" Polaroid TLX-04244B TV. When I turn it on I can see the polaroid Logo for a split second, after that the screen goes black and the led indicator stays blue, indicating it is ON. I have seen this problem all over the internet, but no real solution, can you suggest a couple?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.

Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

IT sounds like your backlight is going off

Can you take the tv to dark room

and look at the back of it when you turn it on

you will see a white light or glow from the back of the screen while the Polaroid logo is on the screen

We need to know if and when the logo goes away does the back light stay lit or isit shutting off too

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Doesn't seem to stay on, is this a replaceable part?
ok So the back light is going out but the tv stays on
What you need is voltage inverter ballast PCB
The problem is there are many for the same model
Take a look at this link and see if you see the one that looks like yours

http://www.discount-merchant.com/lcd-voltage-inverter-board-s/4015.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=4015&brand=POLAROID&show=25&page=1&search=%20tlx

Polaroid will not sell it you
or me..
This should fix it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no idea where that is located
where what is located ?
The part in the TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah where in the tv is that part located.
It should be under a metal shield that goes up the left or the right side of the LCD panal attached to the LCD panal with rows of plugs for the lamps in the tv
does the part that I showed you not look like it will fit in the tv?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't see any parts that look like it, there is one plug on each side and a metal shield with a controller board on the top, that board doesn't look right because it lacks any inductors like the ones on your link.
that is possible becuase there are so many of them with same model number
is there a board on each side?
How about this one

http://www.discount-merchant.com/POLAROID-VIT71043-50-Voltage-inv-Ballast-p/1113960.htm
You now have a bigger problem
The only one I see available is the master
The problem could also be the slave board
since this version of this model uses 2
the slave is not available at this time
you can check the fuses on the boads there are 2 white square SMD fuses mounted on each board if one of those fuses is open thats the board you need hope it is the master or you may be out of luck for now
try the site again in a week and it may be available

If this has helped you then Please "Accept" the answer
and have a great day
If you have more questions I will continue to work with you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still am struggling with finding anything that you are talking about, out of the main power supply there are three main outputs. One goes to a controller board on the top and two smaller plus reach to each side. Do you have to pull the entire back of the panel off to acccess these boards? Because I don't see any board visible, just one plug. Is it possible that the controller board up top is what's wrong? Is there a way to show a photo to help you visualize what this is and point us in the right direction?

I will give you my photobucket when I get home tonight upload there

The only way I can see to do this
YOu need to create a free account on Mediafire then give me the link and I will Download the PICTS
We are not allowed to share email under JA rules
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/577567519hGhRft
Wow that is nothing like the models i see under the same model number
can you get me a close up of the top board
and a far shot of the entire back of the tv?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The top board being the control board or the power supply. I'll get these uploaded shortly and let younknow when they are up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should be up on same link now
Ok your Inverter board in this tv is part of the power board
(thats the middle board you showed me)
That is the board you need to replace
now for the bigger problem
I cant find a board that looks like it for this model
You see all the different possible boards they show for the same model
and none of those are what you have
so we need to match it by how it looks
Im still looking
Polaroid sells no parts
so the only hope you got is shopjimmy and DM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Manufacturer is progreat, it looks like the num is ipos42v5 and also says ver.1.5. Hope that helps
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.