Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My phillips 32 tv turns itself off 3-5 seconds after i turn

My phillips 32" tv turns itself off 3-5 seconds after i turn it on.?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

I have been seeing these units all year wow..

also have you any Television electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, to keep from getting ripped off?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

after i turn the tv it turns it self off i can turn it right back on but it shuts right back off again it wont stay on as soon i turn on the power i here a relay click after afew second the same relay will clcik and the tv turn off i i took the relay to an electronic store it is bee checked the realy was good

is it something i can probably fix my self iam pretty good with a soldering ironif just knew what to look for please

i have some tools but i dont have meter

sami

when it shuts down does it blink the LED
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when it shut down the led turns to red color

then turn on itself with good picture and sound i didnot notice that the led bliniking

Please try to be sure, if it isn't blinking make sure the buttons aren't sticking and remove all remotes from the room
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dear sir

i dint have any remote control in the room i check it was not sticking

in case if the led is blinking what i have to check please let me know bec i was not sure it was blinking or not i have already open the tv

You can turn it on and see when it shuts down is it blinking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is blinking what i ahve to do in this case

Well you will need a meter in this field to find the fault, So giving you the answer, well

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones, But also you can have a bad resistor or diode and even a bad regulator. Would like for you to take your meter and place it on DC voltage the positive end on every connector that says a voltage and the negative wire to the panel this is the best ground. Turn on and see if the unit tries to climb. If you don't find one that's trying to climb, another method is to locate a short circuit. Place meter on ohms or beep test follow same procedure no voltage should be shorted to ground. And this is the problem,

Exchange them and you will be ok, Well good luck friend. And if it doesn't work make sure the power supply is sending 24v to the inverters when you turn the set on your meter should climb but won't reach 24v because unit will shut down and if so we ruled out the inverters or back light I seen this problem also caused by the signal board it has a power on command missing and it looks like the power supply is bad but actually it's the signal board, it may be labeled on the board a active high or low 5v which sends the command to the power supply.

Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and or bonus will be appreciated

Capacitor pictures inverter pictures... cold spray can be used if your set works for awhile then shuts down.