Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

mitsubishi 73 shuts down and blinking green light comes on.

Customer Question

mitsubishi 73" shuts down and blinking green light comes on. can turn back on and it works fine, whats the deal?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

How old is the set?

Has any work been performed?

Can I have your model?

have you any Television electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, to keep from getting ripped off?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the set is 2 yrs old,

no work performed

its a wd-73733.

i have the tools for the job, meters. etc.

i am trying to fix myslef.

no tv repair knowledge

The TV must be in "Shut Down" and not manually switched Off, to perform the Error Code Operational

Check. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to "12" No Error.

Press the front panel "DEVICE/input" and "MENU" buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to

Activate the Error Code Operational Check. The LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.

Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.

The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.

The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.

The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.

Example: If the Error Code is "32", the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.

The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.

4. Error Codes

The Error Code designations are listed below:

Error Code Probable Cause

12 No error detected

22 Recovery from momentary Reset

32 Lamp Cover open

33 Air Filter Cover open

34 Lamp abnormalities

35 Chassis Fan failures

36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure

37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure

38 Excess Lamp Temperatures

39 Excess DMD Temperatures

41 Short Detected

44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disconnected

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so i can only perform the diagnostic when it has acted up? im not sure of the conditions to get the code, it sounds like you are saying it resets if you turn it off and will show no error codes

Turn unit on once it shuts down.

Press the front panel "DEVICE/input" and "MENU" buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it has a code 38 excess lamp temperature
ok change the Lamp and clean out the lamps housing, CLICK HERE FOR PARTS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you know where i can find a free dowload of the service manual? ive also been reading about a bad connection at the thermistor

A service manual isn't free from any place, I wish, well the fans that cool it can be dirty, so lets not make this more than it is, and what your referring to is a thermistor that goes bad and on screen will say airflow block this isn't your issue, you just need to clean and order a new Lamp, Thats all friend.