ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET

I want to connect my blue ray disc player(samsung) to a sharp

I want to connect my blue ray disc player(samsung) to a sharp hb200 sound bar with an optical cable but can not found the connection on the sound bar.
Category: TV
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 4 years ago.

Dear JA Customer,

The HTS SB200 sound bar does not have an optical input, it only has analog input for a RCA or 3.5mm patch cord.

Please use the red/white output of the TV or the 3.5mm jack if it has one.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and if you should have any additional questions,
please do not hesitate to ask.

If I have gained your trust as a Just Answer expert, please click accept, thanks again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am trying to hook the samsung blue ray disc player to the sharp sound bar.

Is there a connection cable for this. I am connected just fine to the tv but not to the sound bar. While watching a disc i get the sound through the sound bar of what ever tv cannel it is set to, not the disc that is playing. Thank you

Thank you,

Before we look at the potential hookup, are you using a surround system with your DVD or is it a self contained surround sound system? Does the sound for your DVD come out of the TV speakers or the surround system?

Edited by ProTV and Audio on 4/24/2010 at 11:19 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nks

If you are using the RCA inputs for the TV sound then you could use the 3.5MM input for the DVD sound by using the F/R analog output of the DVD.

Then you would swtich betweent the L1/L2 inputs on the sound bar by the remote "Line" button or the sound bar "Function" button.

Please let me know the results.

Thank you

Edited by ProTV and Audio on 4/25/2010 at 12:03 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think some communication was lost. I have a samsung blue ray disc player that i want to connect to my sharp hb200 sound bar. I want to know how to do this and what kind of cable i need to buy. The sound bar does not have a HDMI connection or an optical connection. Thank you

The back of the Blu Ray player should have the standard RCA red/white, R/L connectors. They would be connected to the sound bar either at the RCA input or the 3.5mm input. One patch cord will have RCA plugs at both ends (most likely the one you are using for the TV), another patch cord will have the RCA at one end and the 3.5mm plug at the other end.

ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience: Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET