Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

We have a 50 inch LG flat screen TV that is 2 years and 3 months

We have a 50 inch LG flat screen TV that is 2 years and 3 months old. We are having problems when we try to turn it on. We do have cable and I have wondered if it has something to do with that or if it's actually the TV. If we turn it on with the power switch on the TV remote it will click on and the green light will illuminate and then about 10 seconds later it will click off and the red light is on. The screen never shows up. After we mess with the cable remote and the TV remote for a while we can usually get it on. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

What is meant by messing with the remote?

have you any Television electronics experience?

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, to keep from getting ripped off?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
By messing with the remote, I mean turning the power and TV and cable buttons on and then off and on again trying to get the tv to stay on. I have NO TV electronic experience, just trying to see if it is a simple fix before taking it in. It's so big and heavy I didn't want to have to take it in if I didn't have to.

Ok, great

This is a very simple approach.

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend this is a very common problem with LCD, PLASMA and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors

Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the power supply located on the TV?
its in the middle of the panel when you remove the back cover, It has the power cord going to it, It seems you may not have any electronics background from this question you asked, Do you have a friend that does
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My husband could do it. I was just trying to get things taken care of without him. If that is the problem, then what do I do?
If caps are puffy they should be removed, By using a soldering iron and replaced
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you know how much the caps cost and where I would buy them?
They are a couple of dollars, and from radio shack
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was pleased with the information that I received. While I was waiting for the final response to a questions I noticed I had already been charged. I was a little disappointed to see I had been charged without authorizing it. I had intended to accept and absolutely pay the expert what he deserved. However, I am leary of using this service again due to my being charged without my final authorization. I was told I wouldn't be charged until I was satisfied and my final question had not been answered.

hello friend i am the tech that helped with your tv, you have not been charged, i would have been paid, So i believe you may be mistaken your deposit,

My last answer on 4/21/10 was They are a couple of dollars, and from radio shack,

thanks friend.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not mistaken. It was debited from my account on the 21st. If you need me to send you a copy of my account debit. You should be paid since it has been debited from me.

Well the only way i am paid is when you hit the Accept button and we know that hasn't been done, may be you posted more than one question, Im really the wrong person to talk to about this, i will Email the office and state to them that you said i should have been paid, because of your balance, But im saying that i haven't because no accept button was pushed.

ok friend i will try and take care of this

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I only posted one questions. I realize you may be the wrong one to talk to, but if you could help solve the problem, then you should get paid. All I know is it has been debited from my account.

Oh yes friend, i Emailed the company, I really dont understand it my self im just the tech, not familiar with Accounting, All i can see is you have a deposit of 17.00, And all i know is I haven't been paid, the only way i get paid is by you hitting the Accept button, So dont worry i Would think that Accounting will take care of it, Being that you will not press the accept button.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hope you can get paid for this because if I use the accept button it is going to charge me again. You can understand why I wouldn't want to do that. If you are aware that I've been charged I hope you can get your money. I'm sorry for this inconvenience since I was very pleased with the service, but will hesitate again in using due to this problem. Is there someone I should tell about this to help resolve it?
Dont worry friend, Accounting will handle it, must be a server issue, because if you pressed Accept, it didn't go
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am accepting the answer but I must say this has been very confusing and I will not use this service again. I am in hopes that I am not charged after doing this. I am very willing to pay the $17, but do not want to pay it twice. Thanks for your help.
I thought we understood, you have just paid me not before,