Allen
Allen, Technician
Experience:  37 years tv service with Panasonic, Hitachi ,RCA
25339199

how do i reset lamp switch samsung tv-hlp5063wx-xaa.

how do i reset lamp switch samsung tv-hlp5063wx-xaa.do i use tv remote control or switch.do i go up or down with switch??????
Category: TV
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Hi

What is the proceedure you are using? The most common problem is the sequence of buttons to do the reset must be input very quickly. 2-3 seconds

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unplug tv pull lamp out an reset switch three times???
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Try this

Lamp hours are stored in the Service Menu. For the HLP5063 select "10. options" from the first page of service menu.

to get to the service menu:

With the set ON, press Power-Mute-1-8-2-Power in quick succession.

The service menu should appear for the input you were viewing before keying the above sequence. Be sure to give the set enough time to complete the process(30-60 seconds).
Use the CH up, CH down & select keys to navigate the Service Menu.

use the VOL(+) & VOL(-) keys to change the SM values

Press MENU to return to the main Service Menu after viewing individual functions.

Be very careful not to change anything except reset option for lamp hours.

Look for option 10 min service menu, select option and choose reset option

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am going to church this am.Will try when i get back after lunch if successful will gladly accept. pls give me some time. thanks--fpj
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
No problem , just let me know..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>Getting no power to lamp.Still cannot get service menu to come up.Is menu suppose to</p><p>come up even though lamp is not working ??have three flickering lights=lamp, timer and and standby temp.</p><p> </p>
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

Have you replaced the lamp?

You reset the lamp hours after the lamp has been replaced, if you have not replaced the lamp then it would need replacing. If you have replaced the lamp and the

lamp won't light, then you may have a failure in the lamp ballast board.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lamp has been replaced with new lamp. The old lamp was working after changing out color wheel, pulled lamp out with the power and the lamp on and inserted back in and lamp never came back on. so ordered new lamp and replaced still no lamp. could what I did have blown the ballast, I am getting power to the ballast assembly but not to the lamp plug in itself.
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

This is a lot more complicated than the question you asked originally.

Yes you could have blown the ballast, the ballast is a power supply that supplies a high voltage arc to make the lamp ignite, once it lights the ballast lowers its voltage and supplies a constant current to keep the lamp lit. Un-plugging while it was on could have caused damage to the lamp and/or the ballast. Also the switch inside that detects the lamp is inseted and the lamp door switch must be closing properly.

This is not as simple as a reset.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok lamp door switch appears to be working properly, I will look for a switch that would check that the lamp is inserted properly and check it. Assuming it is also working properly, the next step would be to order and replace the ballast assembly, correct?

Are there any other possibilities? I am about tired of fooling with it and putting money into it and am considering buying new LCD. If the ballast is the only possibility then I will go ahead and fix this one. I just want to know that I am on the right track. My original question was probably not worded correctly, What I should have been asking was rather or not there was some type of reset to restore power to the lamp like a breaker or fuse. Sorry

Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.

I think you are on the right track, but to be honest I cannot say that the ballast is the only other possibility. The ballast has voltage and inputs that tell it if it should fire or not.

If the switches are not working correctly then it may not let the ballast fire.It must also get the correct input voltage. When the tv powers up (boots) it checks all of the

necessary voltages and switch positions before it lets the ballast try to fire the lamp.

Pulling the lamp with the set running was not good, normally when the set is powered off the fan keeps running until the lamp has cooled properly before it shuts off completely.

My nest "guess" without seeing the unit would be the ballast.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All switches are working properly. I will order the ballast and go from there. I will get back to you in a day or so when it comes in.
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
OK!
Expert:  Allen replied 4 years ago.
Did the ballast fix it or the color wheel?
Allen, Technician
Experience: 37 years tv service with Panasonic, Hitachi ,RCA
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

color wheel! lamp will not come on if color wheel locks up.plus also wrong color wheels

from parts search were wrong.finally got right wheel and pulled jumper pin.

tv is now like brand new. colors and clarity excellent.