ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET

I have a Mitsubishi 60in projection screen, I just had the

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi 60in projection screen, I just had the lamp replaced earlier today and when I got home to put the new lamp inside the tv it worked for 15mins then turned it's self off with the red lamp light lit up. I took the lamp out and doesn't seem to be blown. What could the problem be?
Category: TV
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 6 years ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question. Although, it is possible that the new lamp is defective, there can be other faults. Was the lamp replaced with an original Mitsubishi lamp?

The next step is to reseat th lamp securely and determine that the lamp cover is flush and secure. The lamp cover pushes against a door switch, and it must be active for the set to come on.

If it still won't come on, then a service person can verify if the ballast is supplying power to the lamp. With a new lamp installed, the voltage output of a weak ballast will not be enough to keep the lamp lit or start up.

If you prefer that someone else do this for you, please goto to, and enter your zip code to search for a qualified service center.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please do not hesitate to ask any additional questions.