Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.

I have a Mitsubishi ws 65511 that turns on for a second or

I have a Mitsubishi ws 65511 that turns on for a second or two with horizontal lines, and then shuts off. It seems to go thru the reset, and flashes for about a minute. I then try the power it on, but it goes on goes off. I have unplugged it for several days, but still no luck.

When I press and hold both the Menu and the Device buttons on the front panel until the timer light starts flashing, the following two digit flash code appears: 2-3

What will it take to repair this set?

A 2-3 shut down on this TV means that you have lost horizontal deflection, and there are a few things that can cause this, so without having a tech troubleshoot this, it really isn't possible to say what it would cost to fix.

But there have been problems with intermittent solder connections around the deflection yoke plugs on the individual tubes, and if that's the cause, any decent TV tech should be able to fix that with just a service call to your home, cost of about $170, depending on where you live.

But if it's a board, the tech is going to have to come and troubleshoot the set, order the part, and come back to fix it, and I would expect that to be in the $600, tops. And while this is a great TV, that's getting on the edge of what I'd recommend you spend on the set.

Let me know if that helps, and thanks for using JustAnswer!